Huge vibrations - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 13-07-16 Thread Starter
County: -
Huge vibrations

Hi need help please. My GT has an intermittent issue. So occasionally when the car is fully loaded or just going up a hill or once for no reason at all the car violently vibrates (the whole car shakes) I lose power and can't get going again. I wait for RAC they go for a spin nothing take to garage then can't find anything. No alarms, cpu says nothing could this be my fuel pump slowing down? And if so which one? The one in the engine or the one in the tank? Sometimes I can ride the problem out when I get to the top of a hill and coast down it my revving the engine or turn the engine off for ten min and back on and it's all good. Once or twice I have started the engine and it sputters like its gonna stall, I turn off and back on and boom fixed itself as usual. It's costing me time and money trying to work this out and it's doing my head in. It's not the egr as I just had a new one, it's not the driveshaft tyres or wheels been checked. 12month ild clutch and dmf so not them. It's vibrated so bad it damages my distension wishbone and knocked plugs out and yesterday loosened my oil pipe and lost all my oil. Any ideas please help

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

huge , vibrations