147 Lost drive - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 3Likes

(Post Link) post #26 of 27 Old 20-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -North Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
Did you fix it?
I'm not sure as ive been in this position before ...

Id had enough of it so took a few days off and started back on it yesterday, I removed the drive shaft and got the spare geabox on properly and it's all finger tight as i've to replace a inner gatier so the part of the shaft will have to come off again but, it reversed out and back into the garage but ive been here before so Fingers crossed

To be brutally honest i dont think previously i got the gearbox on right, i got it near then wound it to the engine using the bolts which i thought would do but having the drive shaft in aswell i think was not allowing it to align and made it hard work but removing the shaft it slipped on, the hardest thing this time was removing the other wheel as someone has rounded the bolts and as much as i tried knocking smaller sockets on i couldnt remove them and after an hour i was not in the mood for messing about i cut the wheel off with my stihl saw, it was off in 10 minutes.

So im waiting on the gaiters and then i can confirm whether its sorted, Ive suddenly come over all religious as im praying it works because im not doing it again.

Many thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #27 of 27 Old 22-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -North Shropshire
It's working.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
147 , drive , lost