Adjustmenting alignment - any difference? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 29-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
Adjustmenting alignment - any difference?

Have been reading a few posts about alignment and was wondering if anyone had noticed any difference in their handling BALANCE before and after.

Depending upon which test you read and different peoples own interpretation, some feel that the 147/156 is somewhat 'front endey' or front heavy, with others saying that the rear of the car is quite helpful with the cornering balance, following the front nicely through a bend.

I certainly felt my old 156 to be front endey. I recall having a courtesy car (2006 Astra) after my 156 needed some repairs and the Astra felt, i'm afraid, much more sporty to drive. The back end was much more proactive through the corners.

I'm not talking oversteer here, just more willing to move with the car -it had a better front/rear cornering balance is what i mean.

I am currently driving an MX5 which has a very adjustable suspension and i can tell you these adjustments can make a HUGE difference to it's balance and ability.

In considering a return to the fold, i would be interseted to find out how adjustable the Alfa's are and whether you have noticed any discernable difference?

Nice people drive Alfa's

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

adjustmenting , alignment , difference