2.5 CF2 V6 Engine for Sale - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By mirlock
  • 1 Post By joeymannero

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 09-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Suffolk

Member car:

2000 V6

2.5 CF2 V6 Engine for Sale

This engine was fitted to my GTV by a previous owner. I have now removed the 2.5 and replaced with a 3.0L. The thread in the GTV Forum is here. (I have a GTV with a 2.5 V6 engine)

Running beautifully before removal, it has done 60K in the GTV. It will need a cambelt change and there is also a bit of oil around the rear seal (gearbox end) so I would swap that seal as well. No idea of mileage before it was fitted to the GTV I'm afraid?? Air con compressor was already removed so it has a shorter aux belt fitted.

I also have the CF2 manifolds, alternator and starter motor if needed. Like I said this was running beautifully before I removed it 4-5 months ago.

Looking at 200 for the engine or 300 with alternator, starter motor and manifolds.

Collection from nr Ipswich in Suffolk. I have an engine crane to get it into a van. PM me if interested. Also posting this in the 166 Forum.

Murray

Last edited by Matt GTV; 01-02-17 at 22:43.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire
I hope someone takes it from you but i couldn't sell mine for 50 and that had a full history and a new cam belt change 6 months before i took it out of a car. I ended up taking the cams / Fly wheel off and giving it away to the scrap man.
Seems such a shame for them to go to waste i just didn't have room for another in the garage . you would think someone would need one or maybe no one needed one when i offered 1 for sale .
Fingers crossed your be lucky

As for the 2 i have still im going to wait untill my project is finished and keep an eye out for a couple of cars that have had cam belt break and buy them and put them back on the road.

Good luck fella
Matt GTV likes this.

All spares parts for 156 and 147 being sold that i will not be using (cheap) nothing too small ask what you want , willing to post world wide Phone 07922123242 Ask for Neil and say Mark said to phone .

Download link for Alfa 156's http://www.filedropper.com/alfaelearn
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
Would love this for my newly acquired GTV but am planning to sell on so hardly worth the trouble..lovely idea though a 2.5 in a GTV..may be in touch if I can find another worthy of that engine..
Matt GTV likes this.

AO Silver Member

County: Dorset
Might be interested. Need to get an estimate for retrofitting first though.

Edit- what was it in before the GTv and what's its total mileage?

Last edited by Shimmerydolmeo; 09-07-16 at 21:12.
AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands
Garage

Member car:

Alfa 166

What! For fifty notes I would have made it into an epic coffee table!
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 11-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Suffolk

Member car:

2000 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmerydolmeo View Post
Might be interested. Need to get an estimate for retrofitting first though.

Edit- what was it in before the GTv and what's its total mileage?
Sorry - I've no idea - on either. All I know is that it has definitely done 60K in this GTV. Happy to take an offer if anyone wants it.

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt GTV View Post
This engine was fitted to my GTV by a previous owner. I have now removed the 2.5 and replaced with a 3.0L. The thread in the GTV Forum is here. (I have a GTV with a 2.5 V6 engine)

Running beautifully before removal, it has done 60K in the GTV. It will need a cambelt change and there is also a bit of oil around the rear seal (gearbox end) so I would swap that seal as well. No idea of mileage before it was fitted to the GTV I'm afraid?? Air con compressor was already removed so it has a shorter aux belt fitted.

I also have the CF2 manifolds, alternator and starter motor if needed. Like I said this was running beautifully before I removed it 4-5 months ago.

Looking at 200 for the engine or 300 with alternator, starter motor and manifolds.

Collection from nr Ipswich in Suffolk. I have an engine crane to get it into a van. PM me if interested. Also posting this in the 166 Forum.

Murray
Hi Matt

Is your 2.5 still for sale?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
cf2 , engine , sale

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page