Your opinion - Michelin Exalto II or Pirelli P Zero Rosso? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Home Forums AO Club Member Gallery Classifieds Trade Directory  

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (Post Link)  
Old 13-05-06

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 156

Help Your opinion - Michelin Exalto II or Pirelli P Zero Rosso?

Good Morning everyone!
I've an 156 1.6TS and I have decided to change her tyres. I think it will be either Michelin Exalto II or Pirelli P Zero Rosso but I cant seem to finally decide between the two.
The car's power is 120HP and that I like to drive a little agressively from time to time.
Of course, life span is also very important since I can't afford to change tyres on less than 45.000km.
Will those tyres reach their optimum temp on my car?
Which would last longer?
Which has the best performance?

What do you think?

Petrakis Dimitris
Thessaloniki, Greece

Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 TwinSpark Distinctive 2003
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (Post Link)  
Old 13-05-06
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa147 1.6 TS LUSSO (01)

Re: Your opinion - Michelin Exalto II or Pirelli P Zero Rosso?

Geia sou Dimitri.

Im afraid i dont have a clue about the question, so I cant be of any help...sorry!
Just noticed that you are from Thessaloniki, and I couldnt help it!

Xairetismous sthn Patrida, kai kales bouties sth Xalkidikh!!!

Take care my friend and the best of luck with your choice!
  #3 (Post Link)  
Old 13-05-06
AO Member

Member car:

Was a GT Monza JTDm :-(

I can only comment on the Pirelli P Zero Rosso's as these are what I've got on my Alfa at present.

I find them superb in the dry and very capable in the wet - but they've never seen a track so cannot comment on that side of things.

One thing to note though, I dont think you will get 45000KM's out of these tyres, in fact any half decent rated tyre will probably yield significantly less than this!
  #4 (Post Link)  
Old 13-05-06
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

a very dirty car

The Pzeros will give you the best grip, the michelins will last longer.
Your choice!
  #5 (Post Link)  
Old 13-05-06
Peter K

It would help to know what size of tyre you are looking to get as the same tyre design can have different advantages/disadvantages depending on the size. Ive seen michelin pilot II score very high in tests with 225/45/17 and lower in other sizes.
  #6 (Post Link)  
Old 13-05-06

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 156

Thank you everybody for your answers!

Solpap, my friend I hope you will have the chance to come to Greece to enjoy summer too... All the best!

So far, I have the impression that Pirelli would give me better handling but Michelin will last longer... But I dont know how big the differences are...

My Alfa wears 205/55/16

I had the chance to drive an Alfa similar to mine on Race Track with Pirreli P Zero and with Firestone... The difference was more than obvious! I would recommend Pirelli for everybody who wants the best performance and can afford to chance tyres often!

My question is, will Michelin last so much longer to justify, the loss of performance compared to the Pirelli?

My car runs on Dunlops right now, the ones fitted from the factory... Not the best tyre around I suppose but it was ok and saw me through about 45.000km without their properties dropping to the danger zone!

I am really baffled... I have to decide soon so I can go and fit those new tyres next week...

Ah, also I forgot... I was told that the Pirelli's are much more expensive than the Michelin's but that guy I will buy them from can offer greater discount for the Pirelli's, so they will be almost the same price. So money is no object here.
  #7 (Post Link)  
Old 14-05-06
AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

147 QVD, 159 2.4QVDm

Go with Pirelli, better grip...and the michelin won't last much longer then the rosso's.
  #8 (Post Link)  
Old 14-05-06
AO Member

Member car:

159 1.9 JTD Progression

I've got P Zero Rosso's (17/225/50) under my 159, it came delivered with them. The grip is amazing! Might just be down to the car though, as I haven't properly driven a 159 on anything else . I've read many times that they wear badly though, so Michelin might last you a little longer. These are high performance tyres though, so durability will be mediocre at best for either choice.

Still, when the time on my P Zero Rosso's is up I will see if the leasing company will let me switch to Goodyear Eagle F1 DS3s. They are about the same price, should last longer, get rave reviews everywhere and most importantly I absolutely adore the profile on those tyres .
  #9 (Post Link)  
Old 14-05-06
AO Silver Member

County: Berkshire

Member car:

159 2.4 Ti

I have Continental SportContact 2 tyres in 205/55 R16 size on my 147. They're great tyres in my opinion, with endless grip and reasonable wear-rate. Also pretty comfy, too. I recently got rid of my 17" alloys to revert to 16" ones to improve the ride, and there's virtually no difference in cornering in my opinion.
  #10 (Post Link)  
Old 15-05-06
AO Member

Member car:

GT JTDm

about to buy two front tyres to replace the bald ones , hankook ventus k104 £47 each and the last lot did 24k miles on the front still about 12k miles left on the back ones , try www.mytyres.co.uk for reviews and prices

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
exalto, michelin, opinion, pirelli, rosso

Recently 'Read'
No History to show

Useful Links
Lost Password?
AO Merchandise
FAQs
Register

External Links
2005 Alfa 156 2.4...
Alfa-CF2-V6-Plenum-C...
Alfa-CF3-V6-Plenum-C...
Kleber Quadraxer...
Alfa Romeo 156...

Alfa Romeo

Recent Image

View Tas1308's images

Search

Forums

Classifieds

Gallery

Social Groups

Members

Did you know..?
Did you know..?
We take privacy seriously, this is why we advise you to check your privacy settings by visiting your profile area and selecting "Profile Privacy".

New To Site? Need Help?