Re: Average Fuel Consumption 146Ti
If I drive full thrash with town and B-road driving I get ~32mpg. If I drive really granny-like I can manage about 34mpg, which says to me, drive how you most enjoy. This is good for me because sometimes I like a quick blast around the twisties, and sometimes I like a really gentle cruise.
In addition, I have driven plenty of full tanks at 60mph in one go, no stops and achieved 34.5mpg.
I have lent the car to friends who have driven the same full tank non-stop and achieved ~32mpg.
This is really surprising for me, as the 1.8 Volvo I have does about 30-35mpg around town, and 48mpg at 60mph, and 42mpg at an indicated 90mph (apparently).
If you are getting less than 30mpg, I would suggest:
1) you may have a 'performance' exhaust on
2) you may have had it remapped (you have placcy top so no chip)
3) your MAF is knackered/on it's way out
4) your oxygen probe is knackered/on it's way out (running rich - which will untimately ruin you CAT)
5) you never select higher than 3rd gear
6) you thermostat is knackered, running you engine cold (it should run at a perfect 89°C on the placcy top - midway on the gauge)
7) you are using super unleaded, which is not volatile enough for the TS engine. You should ideally use a RON rating that is just enough to prevent pinking. The hotter the engine and the higher the compression, the higher the octance (RON) rating you need. TS engines are neither abnormally hot or have a turbo (AFAIK)
8) foook knows - anyone else have any suggestions?
P.S. Ransoman, something is deffinately not right with your car with 26mpg.