Newbie here. Been an Alfa fan for several years. I have got a 156 Selespeed (for sale), 145 boxer engine (blown head gasket), 145 Cloverleaf (piston ring broken), and my pride and joy and new acquisition a 1999 GTV with 100,000 miles on the clock. No problems here goes like a rocket
Doing a cambelt and Variator change asap as I have no idea if it has been changed, better safe than sorry.
Can any body answer this little problem I am having with the 145 Cloverleaf TS. I have had the head off and sump. Removed the pistons and put new piston rings on the old and good pistons. No problem so far. I then checked the wear on the big ends, all good. I then fitted new standard shells. Put the head back on, cam belt etc, refitted the oil pick up and fitted the sump. Here is the problem - left the plugs out and spun the engine on the starter motor, NO oil pressure
I have double and triple check every step. The only two things that I can think it could be is a shagged oil pump or the new shells are over size for the big ends.
Foolish of me I did not check the oil pressure before starting work, the oil light was off and all appeared OK, a new oil pump is £150. I think I will refit the old shells and see if that makes any difference!
I don't like doing it but tonight I will stick the plugs in and try to start her and see if the pressure come back!
Has anybody had a similar experience or can shed some light on my dark problem.