Electric window - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 30-08-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

alfa 145

Electric window

Someone help me please my drivers side electric window has stopped working looked at all the fuses possible and even bought an new ecu part as it was just clickin so now im stuck please help
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Re: Electric window

You really need to go through the testing process methodically - if you can hear clicking like a relay its probable that the switch is OK, so I'd remove the door trim panel and test the motor direct - if you unplug the connector from the door loom to the window motor you can first check for power at the plug when the switch is activated - it doesn't matter whether you press the switch to raise or lower the window for this purpose, the switch just swaps polarity, so all you are looking for is pos on one contact, neg on the other.

If there is power at the plug, double check by applying a 12 volt source directly to the plug contacts on the motor - if you've got pos and neg reversed this time you'll still see a brief "jerk from the mechanism as it tries to move (assuming your window is at the end of its travel either up or down), so swap the connections around and the motor should operate....

If it doesn't its probably goosed so look for a secondhand replacement - from me or the usual suspects.....

If it does work its back to checking back down the wiring line for a fault - it can often be a break in the loom where it goes through the door jamb....

HTH, but if that all makes as much sense as I think it probably does, give me a call and I'll try to talk you through it...

07976 384980

AROC Vice-Chairman and Lancashire Section Secretary

Alfa organ donor to the gentry......

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

electric , window