blue cloverleaf badge - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Greater London
Re: blue cloverleaf badge

Not going to get into this discussion again because it's so boring and already proven countless of times it's just not worth it...however what I would like to point out is that on the original Alfa 145 Cloverleaf television ad they showed a Red pre-facelift 145 with a RED sideskirt cloverleaf YouTube - Spot Alfa Romeo 145 Quadrifoglio - Canale 5 - 1996 watch at that I've never seen on the road before!
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Oxfordshire

Originally Posted by GialloEvo94 View Post
OK, they don't actually fade as such, but they do CHEMICALLY REACT with the sunlight. We have more than one independent report from owners on who bought cars when the badges were green and they changed colour to blue during their ownership of the car. The badges were never changed which proves that the pigment on some badges (must be batch related as some badges are OK) chemically reacts with the sunlight and change colour over time.
I am with you GE on this one.

Either that or we have Cloverleaf fairies that swap the green badges for blue ones every full moon.
AO Member
County: Swansea

Ok, here's my twopence worth. I recently bought a 145QV in rosso red. Its an R plate 1998 with an alloy top engine. All I can say is my badges are a bright and vivid blue. The sideskirt and rear badge do not look like faded items, they are all them same shade of blue.

Hope this helps!

BTW I didn't realise how strongly peple feel about their badge colour
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 Cloverleaf

The QV sat on my drive is a '96 with green badges, this car has been more subject to the weather being sat by the sea, hense the ammount of rust on her. . . she has PERFECT GREEN badge.

The black one i have, '97, has PERFECT BLUE badges all round.

I wouldnt say they are Special Editions, limited, better etc however i am more swayed to the "later pre-facelift" phrase.

In my opinion, there is no way that the Green badges can fade to blue, perfectly, all round and age at exactly the same time.

Like i say, my '96 has still got PERFECT GREEn badges, my '97 has got PERFECT BLUE badges.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

badge , blue , cloverleaf