145 cloverleaf,few problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 25-06-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

145 clover leaf

145 cloverleaf,few problems

hey guys, just bought a 145 clover leaf its real nice but got a few little problems with it.first up the rear wiper does not work,this was the second 145 clover i looked at before buying both had the same problem,im guessing its a common fault?were would i start to sort this out?also the passenger seat is jammed in one postion and will only slide very slightly.it still tilts but does not move.its the momo leather if that makes any difference?
thanks adam
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: 145 cloverleaf,few problems

Welcome to AO Hope you're enjoying the cloverleaf!

The rear wiper motor should be really easy - It depends on how much you want to get you're hands dirty! You need to test that the motor is getting power when is should be, so that means taking the interior trim of the rear hatch off and checking the wiper motor plug with a multimeter to see if there is 12v getting to the wiper motor.

If there is, then get i'd get looking on parts websites to find a second hand motor from a car at a breakers.
If not, then check fuses and relays and start reading.....

The 145 forum http://forum.alfa145.com has the service manuals as stickies in the technical forums. In those there's instructions for removing trim etc and troubleshooting charts for the electrical systems. They're a godsend!

As for the seat sliding, check there's nothing fouling the mechanism, rollers or the rails and give them a good clean up.
AO Silver Member

I found that my rear wiper motor suffered from the same greasy contacts problem as the fronts; 10 minutes cleaning it all up sorted it out nicely
AO Silver Member
County: Derbyshire

I had the rear wiper problem; like mave, I found it was caused by grease on the contacts. I coold hear the realy on the motor clicking, so I knew the problem was in the motor.

Take the motor off & remove the electrical box by lifting up the retaining clip & sliding it off. You'll see three spring contacts & a track they run on on the back of one of the gears. If there's grease on these, just clean it off & your problem's solved!
AO Silver Member
County: -

I have a rear wiper motor for a 145. The contacts need cleaning but it does work. Probably not more than 5 minutes cleaning to get it working before installing it- but as the others say yours can probably be fixed by cleaning. PM me if you want mine.
AO Gold Member
County: West Midlands

the spindle can also corrode, water gets in easily as its pointing upwards slightly, it can be dismantled and cleaned up and greased OK. If the Momo leather continues to play up, just sell it to me.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

145 , cloverleaf , problems