Electrical connections. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 05-06-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
Idea Electrical connections.

Hi all. When I first got my Alfa 146 1.8 TS I had a good look around it and I saw lots of electrical connections around the engine. I know from other cars that these connections can corrode so I unplugged every engine connector in turn and put a small smear of Ford's electrical grease in them to make the connections connect better. Since then my car has run sweet but wether the grease has helped I will never know.
I do know that it helped with my drivers window behaving strange, going down instead of up.I had stripped both front doors and checked the motors and connections and then I located the main window relay behind the drivers dash (right hand drive), and put some grease on the terminals and the problem stopped. Everytime I do anything on the car and I find some connectors I pull them apart and lightly grease them. My reason for this is because the car is so electrical dependant and corroded contacts won't pass info to the parts that matter.
Does this make sense to anyone in the forum.

ps I know I swore when I mentioned Ford but a mate of mine works for............... and it was free.
Sponsored Links
Re: Electrical connections.

Ford isn't swearing, But MG Rover is.
AO Platinum Member
County: herts
Re: Electrical connections.

alfadriver,that connection pulling apart, re-connecting, is a worthwhile action, just time consuming. You're a keen chap, doing a sensible thing,IMO,:

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

connections , electrical