a few minors (I Hope) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 29-04-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Staffordshire
Cry Like A Baby a few minors (I Hope)

Had my alfa 146 ti for about 7months and to be honest she has been a cash cow.....new bushes new wheel bearings new wish bones repaired exhaust (twice) damaged front valance(had to bodge cut and shape)new pads all round two new discs on the rear ,new hand brak cables (all three).....the list probally goes on, but hey its a alfa and I love her. I will be honest and thought of selling her on but I cant do it.
Just been told by my friendly custon exhaust man that I now need a new back box and center pipe from the cat......bang there goes another £250.... The wife hates me more than the car now......lol.
Just when I get to grips with that my suspension starts creaking??????
Its at the rear and it creaks when I go over bumps dips or uneven surfaces. I have had it on ramps and they are not leaking just creaking.
Some one has said that it is the rubberstops at the bottom of the springs and that they have just dried out in the heat.......he suggests that I use some silicon spray on then and it will sort it out. Thought I would check before I spray em.
I just wish I could have a feew months where I dont have to shell out on her.

Ps I need the main metal aircon pipe that runs behind the rad if anyone can help....thing has burst and split.......see what I mean about a cash cow.......lol
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

GTV 24v

Re: a few minors (I Hope)

Not sure about that last bit - just be sure that the split isn't the symptom rather than the cause. Also there will now be all sorts of contamination in the system. As for creaking, these noises can be devils to find. If you find it's not the springs try the anti-roll bar bushes and links.
Agree on the rest though!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

hope , minors