Rear Fog Guard Problem: Help!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 14-09-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

146 ti

Help Rear Fog Guard Problem: Help!!

My rear fog light isn't working and its not the bulb. The problem is that I presume it hasn't worked since I bought the car as its only now that I have driven in some fog. So this being my first Alfa I'm not sure what the problem is, its not the bulb or the fuse!

I'm tempted to think that it is the switch on the light controls as the button just pushes in and out unlike the one for the rear window demister on wiper control stalk, which clicks in and out, or is this normal?

I've looked at the wiring diagrams and see that an 'N25 relay' controls the rear fog guard, I have a 99 146 ti and was wondering if anyone knows which relay this is on the fuse box. The diagram appears to show that it is the fifth relay up from the bottom on the right of the fuse box but on mine this space is vacant, am I reading the diagram wrong or is this the problem?

I've never been very good with electrics so some advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Re: Rear Fog Guard Problem: Help!!

Not sure about the position in the fuse box, but I think you've probably worked it out correctly, could be a broken wire of course. I think it was only the earlier cars that had a click on/click off type switch for the fog light, the later system - where the switch itself doesn't lock in the on position - ensures that the fog light always goes off when the main lights go off so that you can't drive around for ever blinding the driver behind you.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

fog , guard , problem , rear