Tech Question - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-08-06 Thread Starter
Tech Question

Hi All

Tech Question, but not high tech as such. How the heck do you replace the bulb on the little rectangular clock which is just above the radio on the 146? I am methodically working through the whole of my S Reg ti repairing and replacing missing or broken bits. Its annoying knowing the clock works, but not being able to see it cause the bulbs naffed.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 1.8 TS

Re: Tech Question

I'm doing the exact same myself and have come across a problem...

To remove the unit, you must take out the ash-tray insert to access the screws located in behind. Once both screws are out (don't drop them into the lower part of the dash!) then pull the whole clock/drop-down ash-tray unit straight out (it's retained by clips).
Then remove the two or three screws from the rear of the clock unit to loosen the unit, disconnect the cables and hey presto, it's free.

My problem is that the twist-in bulbs aren't the same on my '97 145 as they were on my '96 145, so you need to buy the bulb and holder.
I even tried soldering an older push-in type bulb into the new Omron holder, but the legs on the bulb won't take solder for some reason! (Yes, I'm using flux!)

For Sale: Alfa Romeo Spark Plugs - NGK laser platinum, 10mm & 14mm. PM me.

"And now my friend, the first rule of italian driving. Whatsa behind me is not important."

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

question , tech