injector light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 28-07-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

145 16 ts

injector light

my 145 1.6ts only runs for about 10 minutes then cuts out and the injector light stays on,(its in limp mode to get itself to the nearest service centre so ive read up at ive had a mobile diagnostic man come out to it saving me the trouble of limping it to the alfa dealers hes computer came back with a rpm sensor fault so hes going to fit me a new one in a few days for 70 all in,hopefully this will get the car out of limp mode and all will be well with the montronic injector ignition system and the car wont cut out doing motorway speeds giving me anymore near death expiriences, my question is,is there any underlying fault which will cause the rpm sensor to go, or is this just a common fault with engine managment system? was just wondering so as to prepare myself for more cash outlay but then again its an alfa living in the uk so most mechanics will be rubbing there hands at the sight of it if this was italy it would have been fixed and on the road for half the price by now.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire
Re: ijector light

I'm not aware of it being a common fault mate, infact its the first time I've heard of one failing. I hope its all sorted soon
AO Platinum Member
County: Oxfordshire
Re: ijector light

I think the RPM sensor runs from a reluctor ring behing the flywheel. The sensor tip is magnetic IIRC a bit like a ABS wheel speed sensor and if there are any ferrous metal particles around they stick to it and corrup the signal it feeds to the ECU. So maybe it just needed a clean? There is a chance it could have failed due to the heat cycling effect of the engine cooling an warming though. I have hear of them go on other cars, as I had one fail on a Rover and it left me stranded 5miles from home in the winter at 2am...

You will never be cool driving a Vauxhall.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

injector , light