Clutch! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 23-02-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
Hmmm Clutch!

146 1.8 TS - Getting slightly screaming noises when releasing clutch (particularly in traffic when releasing slowly), and slight "crunchiness" when gearbox cold-clutch going?? If so can anyone advise how much for a new one?
Sponsored Links
Re: Clutch!

Clutches are about 150 for the parts but it's a bit of a pig to replace. I would guess about 4-500 all in.

AO Member
County: Cheshire

It MIGHT not be the clutch on the way out. I have had similar problems in the past, but not the squeaking and crunching at the same time.

For crunching, make sure that the slave cylinder and all linkages are behaving as they should.

As for the creaking... I had this very same problem last week. It sounded awful and really annoyed me - the car is currently for sale.

A quick poke under the bonnet while the wife depressed the clutch revealed the problem: a linkage on top of the clutch body was making the noise. A bit of grease and the problem was soon gone.

156 2.4jtd working it's way towards perfect condition. Loving the diesel warpage!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 1.8 T-Spark

Rupert, if you check my thread called "Whirring clutch" in the 145 forum you may get a few more pieces of advice, as mine is playing up too. I've spoken to a mechanic about it and he reckons it may be a bearing at the Thrust plate.

My car is going in for a LOT of TLC next week as I'm getting REALLY ticked off with the clutch, rear wheel bearings, brake lines need replaced and god only knows what else. so I'll keep you posted on the clutch bit anyway

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146