146 airbag warning light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 19-08-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
146 airbag warning light

I recently bought a '98 146 1.8, and the airbag warning light doesn't go off. Hasn't worried me too much, but the car is due for MOT in a couple of week's time. Is this something that's a common fault, and if so, does anyone know the possible cause?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Saab 9-3

Re: 146 airbag warning light

Mine's been on since I got it. Almost two years now, whoops. I think the airbag sensor is pretty sensitive so a mouse farting near your car will cause the light to come on. Get it to a dealership and they'll turn it off. Not sure how much it'll cost you though.
Must get mine done soon too.
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

mines is on to its due to the airbag ecu broke so i need a new one
AO Silver Member
County: Derbyshire

It's a common problem! If your car's fitted with side airbags or a 'bum detector' in the front passenger seat you will find two black boxes under the seats with yellow wires going into them. The fault is very probably caused by the connectors in the boxes - take them apart, clean with contact cleaner if you have any, & reassemble them making sure that they are making good contact.

You'll then have get the airbag ECU reset to clear the fault indication & get the light to go out I had mine done for under 20 by a local Bosch specilist. The diagnostic equipment used to reset the ECU will read the fault code - in my case it confirmed that there had been a problem with a side airbag, which had been removed by refitting the connectors.

Member car:

Idea Re: 146 airbag warning light

hello new man just joined, re: airbag light. If the battery is removed the light will 9 times out of 10 come on the easy fix is to go to a garage with a sykes pickavant fault code reader which will say if there is a fault and put the light out the same tool will also be able to recode imobaliser keys and much more.
Thanks for letting me reply see you soon.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

146 , airbag , light , warning