Alfa 147 Leak! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 26-12-12 Thread Starter
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

147 1.6 ts

Alfa 147 Leak!

Good Evening,

I've hit a severe brick wall with a leak into the passenger and drivers footwell!

Im on my second 147 which i brought a month ago, everything has been fine untill the past 2 weeks when a leak into the passenger and drivers footwell has been getting progressively worse to the point where puddles are forming and the smell of stagnant water is unbareable!

I had this problem on my previous 147 but it wasn't as bad. I have looked at other threads that have pointed to a blocked scuttle drain hole, so you can imagine my frustration today when i expected to just unblock this and problem solved... but no there was no real build up of water at all and the hole wasn't blocked in the slightest. I have uploaded a few pics of what hole i inspected just incase i made an error or missed the obvious.

I do have an electronic sunroof which in heavy down poor on one occasion dripped water on to me whilst driving.

I have read a lot of theory's relating to dodgy air con pipes however I have not once turned the air con on since I've owned the car and have completely dried the car footwells out with a hair drier a week ago so it does seem to be rain that causing it.

Im not sure how significant this is but i have noticed a few drip marks on the plastic footwell seals towards the door hinge ends which looks like they came from under the glove box area?

Does anyone know what else I can door or help me it would be much appreciated as I am beginning to loose all hope!!!

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 237
County: Moray
Sounds like you have the classic door card error, there is a plastic sheet behind the door ---well usually , it must have been interfered with at some stage , the sheets diverts any rain of the windscreen ito the scuttle and if not set right it divering it between the door card and door sill ,hence dripping into the footwell.
Hope that helps.
AO Silver Member
County: -
This is the 145 /146 section. If this is a known issue on 147's you might get a better a response from other 147 owners in the 147 section.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

147 , alfa , footwells , leak , passenger , rain , wet