Following our GTV restoration that we featured on here - http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...storation.html
We have now taken on a 145 Cloverleaf restoration. Our customer who acquired this 145 completely free of charge from this very forum called me and discussed the bright future he had planned for this little car and almost certainly saving it from the crusher. Having originally owned one brand new all those years ago being an Alfa it never completely left his blood. This one is an R registered 145 Cloverleaf currently suffering from a failed head gasket and generally being a little tired. It is more than worth saving as the underside is excellent and is not suffering from the dreaded iron oxide.
The list of work to be carried out is as follows
- Brand new fully rebuilt engine
- Rebuilt gearbox fitted with Quaife LSD
- New clutch and release bearing
- New slave cylinder
- New suspension all round (we are still discussing what kit to go for)
- Fiat Coupe ARB’s, obviously power flexed and all drop links
- New rear suspension arm bearing kits
- New lower arms
- New wheel bearings all round
- Discs and pads all round
- Brake lines and braided hoses
- Handbrake cables
- Radiator cross member
- Full body under seal once car is stripped
- Reconditioned / replacement wheels and new tyres all round
- Lots of other bits and bobs along the way!
As you can see there is not really anything that will not be renewed. I will update with photos as the work progresses - here are a few to get you started!