Help 146Ti - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 24-03-05 Thread Starter

Member car:

146 ti

Cry Like A Baby Help 146Ti everyone,i have been searching various forums to no avail and have tried different options from post.He are my symptoms.
1-The engine keeps stalling when driving hard then stoping fast or slow
2-The revs respond very slow some times ie stuck at 2000 revs then drop slowly to 800,other times ok
3-The strangest fault is if i hold the revs at 1500 everything is ok steady.Then i hold the revs at 2000 drop to 1500 then back up to 2000 like a yoyo plus it sounds like its rough.then 3000 revs ok.
My car is a 1999 146Ti top end power seems ok and i had a new lambda sensor fitted last week no difference.I disconnected the afm no difference.I disconnected the lambda no difference and i have disconnected the temp sensor no difference.Please can somebody help open to any suggestions.Thankyou.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Durham
Re: Help 146Ti

Hi mouseuk!

My 145 QV occasionally gets a fluctuating idle and I think it's the idle stabiliser valve (A black cylinder on the inlet manifold with 4 or 5 wires going into a plug on the end). My brother in law has a similar problem with his Fiat Marea, though his car stalls and all sorts. According to the technicians at work (Alfa/Fiat dealership) it's quite common. Could also be the rpm sensor on the crank breaking down. Sadly the best way of being sure is a diagnostic check at your local dealer .

Hope this is of some help!

(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 24-03-05 Thread Starter

Member car:

146 ti

Idea Re: Help 146Ti

Thanks for the reply Arna man.I did take my car to a local garage to have it tested on the computer and they could not find anything wrong apart from the lambda being slow,so i got on new one fitted.Made no difference. Apart to my wallet.

Last edited by mouseuk; 24-03-05 at 20:49.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146