Nuova frizione... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 16-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member
Nuova frizione...

The Blue Beast clutch has been getting a tad heavy for a while and now it's starting to make a very light grating sound when it's cold in neutral.

I saw the writing on the wall ... and it said "You need a friziona nuova, lad..".

I've enlisted the help of the semi-retired Matey Mechanic.. who really doesn't like doing clutches but I've offered to give him a hand.. and I bought a new clutch slave cylinder since the original 15yo and 110,000 miles original is probably a bit tired by now...

I tried to find a LUK clutch since it's probably a good combination of price vs. quality... but the fella who had.. ..the cheapest one I found (85 delivered) ... now tells me it's on back-order from LUK and no sign of when it might arrive..

Any road up.. while I'm waiting I had a look around in case I have to cancel and get an alternative. Other LUKs are on sale at nearer 100.. (apart from a fella on eBay at 85)... but I also saw Quinton Hazell clutches at 84 quid delivered (near enough the same price as the LUK) so my questione is: which is the better one to have?

Failing that, if anyone knoe of where I can get a "quality" clutch at the same sort of money, then that would be a good tip, in case everyone lets me down and the fellas who have them "in stock" actually mean "we'll order it for you"..

I only fancy a Valeo or Sachs (you never knoe ), LUK, Borg & Beck, or something that I've heard of... not the ultimately most cheapest one I can get hold of..

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
Someone on recently got one of these from the seller "victoria-autoparts" on eBay which appears from the listing to just be a generic no-name clutch kit...

However, when it arrived, it apparently had "Valeo" stamped on it. Unless it was a fake then that's an absolute bargain price for a Valeo clutch kit. Might be worth contacting the seller and asking if these kits are still Valeo ones. It's strange they don't mention a particular make in the listing but I guess it's possible they've got a mish-mash stock of clutch kits and you just get what comes off the shelf next (i.e. pot luck).

I won't be posting on this forum any more. If you want to know why and/or you want answers to some 145/146 related questions then please feel free to pop over to and post on the forum where you will find me with the same member name.

I have now disabled all my private messaging options on here but you can PM me over on the forum if you need to.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

frizione , nuova