It's a mini 155! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 22-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Aberdeenshire
It's a mini 155!

First off, I'm a 155 driver. I always wanted one & travelled 650 miles to get the right one for me... on a whim.

This is it

Now my girlfriend is very understanding of my Alfa illness & on Tuesday she sent me a link to a local 146 junior on ebay for 200, no details given. So went to have a look at it, it's got a bit of rust & either a hole in the zaust or a dead cat, neither an issue so I bought it there & then, without driving it, because that's how I roll.

This is it.

1.6ts, 75k, well maintained, belts done regularily, unfortunately the variator is rattling & it sounds like a tappet is rattling away to itself when you come down the revs but again, not a huge issue. Belts done 10k miles ago so not a concern. Driver wingmirror has been badly repaired internally so that needs replaced, has had a wee crash & the front bumper has been cracked but again, can be replaced & other than that, it's very good.
Never been driven hard it seems. Took me about 10 miles until it picked up, must have blown so much crap out of the exhaust & then I went for a spirited drive...

How much bloody fun is it! It's not as quick as the 155 but it's certainly not afraid of the corners, doesn't have the 155's tedency to oversteer (they do, try it) & feels alot softer but other than that, it's very familiar.
Having a quick look at it, it seems to share the same floorpan, chassis & running gear with the differences being cosmetic so in my mind, it's just a mini 155
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Hampshire
Love my 146 has all the attributes you have desribed and's a terrific drive and somewhat under rated next to the 145. Glad you have found what the rest of us 146 owners already know!! good luck with the beast..
AO Silver Member
County: Kent
I've always had a soft spot for 146's.

Looks nice. For that money you can't go wrong. I'd want a Ti though

Although my want list is huge! GTA, 146Ti, 156GTA, 147 GTA, GT3.2, 166 3.2, 8c Spider........

Gonna have to start earning more money! And buy a house with a big drive way and garage(s)!

Hmmmm think it's more likely I'll need a lottery win!
(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 22-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Aberdeenshire
I always wanted the junior, they look kinda cool & figured they'd be similar to the 155, but it essentially is one. I will always prefer the 155 but the 146 is definately underrated & for 200 with a half tank of petrol, months tax & MoT & mint bodywork (apart from bumper) & wheels... Bargain
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Now you have two nice looking motors, enjoy
AO Platinum Member
Your '55 is lush.. even though it's a widey..

Ralf S.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

155 , mini