Worth upgrading to a facelifted 146? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Worth upgrading to a facelifted 146?

When I bought my 1996 146ti the 1999 (V reg) onwards facelifted 146s seemed pricey in comparison to the earlier models, and still I've seen a few of the very last up for 5,995. However for a moderate 3,000 the later ones are becoming more affordable. What I love about them is their rarity, the 146 is a rare car in itself but the later ones really are a treat. I saw one yesterday, a W plate 2.0 ti in Rosso Red, and with the all-colour coded bumpers and 5 hole alloys it really looked quite stunning, kinda resembled a miniature saloon Ferrari.

So anyway I've decided I want one, they really look the part and I felt quite inferior in my "old" 146 when I saw this one drive by. I've been looking at the various newer colours available too- some really pleasant metallic ones- did you know they did gold?! I'd go for cream leather too.

Any facelifted-146 owners care to comment? Is it worth the extra outlay? What's the extra 5bhp like on the 2.0 ti?

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
Thumbs Up Re: Worth upgrading to a facelifted 146?

Yep! Buy one. I was looking for one when my '55 tugged at me shorts and made me buy it instead, so I know what you mean. They look sweet.

Ralf S.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

146 , facelifted , upgrading , worth