145 cloverleaf running like poo!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 13-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Tipperary
145 cloverleaf running like poo!!

after a year long break from alfa i decided to buy a 99 145 cloverleaf but it running crap,when i start it from cold the idle is a little rough the injector light stays on and the cooling fan is running after around 2 min idling the injector light and fan turn off also if i turn the car off the hazard flash for around 30 seconds and its really hard to start again but the code light is off so no immobiliser issues,this is all before i even drive the car!.

when driving it has loads of flat spots if i floor it at around 2k it will initially go then back off then go and so on throughout the rev range its not silly bad but it should be smoother and should pull harder-also every now and then i hear a relay click and the injector light comes on for a second its very random, i know it could be the obvious things like maf,tps and lambda,in a nutshell the power is really inconsistant one day its fast the next its slow.has anyone else had this problem?cheers
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member

It might be worth doing an ECU re-set... and also take the plugs out and make sure they're good and that you don't have oil in any of the plug wells.. it seeps in past the rocker gasket so any plug well could be flooded with oil, not just no.4 (by the oil filler).

While you're there, check the condition of the HT leads and coils.. It's all free so far.. .. then look at MAF, Lamda and changing anything duff looking.

Ralf S.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 16-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Tipperary
turned out to be a loose ignition coil connection-dont know how it came loose though! all is well now,cheers

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

145 , cloverleaf , poo , running