The best way to spend a morning on a 146 ti! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The best way to spend a morning on a 146 ti!

Hi all,

i finally got round to addressing the Italian Dwarf / Scicillian Booster Cushion issue surrounding the Drivers Seat position in my 146ti.

i found a good thread and link already on here about the method, and it sounded a little horrific, but i decided to get stuck in and get rid of the seat height adjustment mechanism layer of the seat construction, and as the title states, it is the best mornings work ive ever done with the old girl.

even at its flattest/lowest setting, the mechanism layer alone is holding you about 40-50mm higher than you need to be, so for a sporty car, i always felt awkward at best, bloomin daft at worst!

as a six foot bloke anyway, i couldnt see the top of the clocks without reclining the seat way back, so i couldn't wait to try it out on the road, and boy was i pleased i did it.

you finally sit in the car, and the feeling is very different, now actually connected to the road a lot more and able to get some handling feedback in the twisty stuff, instead of feeling like you were going to topple onto your passenger or fall out the window! ha ha!!!

its not for the fainthearted if i'm honest, but supremely worthwhile if you have a morning free, some basic tools, and a reasonable attention to detail will give you great results i promise.

my advice to anyone that feels the same way about their high seating,

get it ripped off and junk it, you'll be very glad...

(grinning and patting on own back!!!)
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: West Midlands
BTW back to the other thread (too lazy to dig out) Smallville on is selling a CF1 MAF, no connection, just a heads up if still needed.
thanks purple, i'll look it up.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

146 , morning , spend