No keys... No driving! What to do? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 23-12-10 Thread Starter
County: Copenhagen

Member car:

145 1.6 T.Spark

No keys... No driving! What to do?

Hi all.... Ive been trying to find out what to do, but I am confused?

Ive realised from the FORUM that the immobiliser and ECU works together, and that the immobiliser cuts of ignition power, and the ECU cuts of the fuel injection. Another guy wrote that the pin 81 on the ECU could be removed? Meaning fuel injection should be functioning afterwards?

Im looking for a cheap and dirty solution... my best offer to get driving againg is around 500 for recoding and new keys... but I feel this is too expensive.

Has anyone ever had any luck in bypassing the immobiliser and how?
Or... what are my cheapest options to get driving again?

Please help,... Regards, Chilli (alfa 145, 1997)
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

A Motorbike ;)

Hi Chilli, sorry to hear that you are having problems, i'm afraid i don't know enough about this side of things to offer any advice one thing to note though, is that you may find that people are a bit hesitant to share details on how to bypass the main security feature of all of our cars on a public forum. i might be wrong, but if someone posted on here 'how do i break into my house that has xxx alarm system' and i had the same system on my house, i would be a bit concerned
that aside, i hope that you find the answer you're looking for good luck
AO Platinum Member
County: Oxfordshire
The easiest way of doing it, might be to buy a secondhand ECU and lock set from a scrapped car.

Unless anyone knows different?

The immobiliser will be made difficult to crack, because if it wasn't it wouldn't be much use against thieves.
AO Gold Member
I'd go with a replacement key/barrel/code box and ECU from a dead car, too - just make sure its the same ECU type - that way if you are lucky you might be able to get the replacement door locks at the same time. I'm not sure if I've got a set for a 1.6, but I normally sell a set for about 100 - so I'd have thought that you could get a set for that sort of price.
AO Silver Member
County: -
Another option is to email Tony at Datarecall Services. If you send him your yellow CODE immobiliser unit he will be able to decode it and provide you with a new master key for 80 GBP (plus postage costs to and from Denmark).

Once you have a new master key you can then buy additional keys. I suggest secondhand and then change the blade to one that can be cut fit your locks. You can then code them to the immobiliser yourself.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

driving , keys