Unwanted car - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Unwanted car

Help! It breaks my heart to send my '93 1.8ts 155 to the breakers, but I have no use for it. I drive a company car now, and the wife drives a '97 2.0 16v 155 which we adore. I have to get rid of the '93 car and no-one wants it. The problem is that I'm in the Rep. of Ireland, and the market for this car is non-existant. As a final insult it will cost me money to scrap her. It hasn't really run in a year and is showing signs of this, but was in regular use up to then, it cerainly would be of use to someone who will either use her for parts for a projecct, or spend a bit of time and money to get her back on the road. Available FoC to a good home, if you can come and get it ! (about 1hr from Fishguard-Rosslare ferry).

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 1.8 TS

Re: Unwanted car

How are ya Paul,
Did you advertise in the Buy and Sell? It seems to be the best place for all of that type stuff. Otherwise, try www.freeads.ie. It's new, and I have two ads in there now.

Otherwise... place it on e-bid for a laugh! Never know what you might get for it.
Re: Unwanted car

Originally Posted by McGuinn
Did you advertise in the Buy and Sell? It seems to be the best place for all of that type stuff. .
Hi McGuinn

Yeah, tried B&S, but that marketplace is too broad for a car such as this, given its age/condition and (esp.) location. Posting to AO was a last minute thing before I call in the scrappers as I suspect its only someone 'in the know' who might want it. With the advent of the NCT and the like, its just too difficult to get rid of a minority interest car such as the 155. I hate to think what I might face with my other 155 (16v 2.0 '97) in a few years - particularly as the 99/00 156's are now available at little money. But there you go, its a small price to pay for owning a car with such character. I think I'll get a friend to deal with the scrappers if it comes to it - too painful to be present!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

car , unwanted