1. Disconnect the negative lead from the battery for a minimum of 45 minutes. Some people recommend overnight but that is not really necessary.
2. Reconnect the battery negative lead
3. Put key in ignition, turn to MAR and leave for 90 secs
4. Turn off the ignition, but not remove the key and leave for 90 secs
5. Start the engine but do not touch the throttle and let the car idle for 15 mins otherwise the car will not rev freely afterwards (as V6 owners know at their peril)
6. Turn the car off and leave for 10 mins
7. Start the car and take her for a blast (Mixed drive, include town motorway back roads etc and floor the accelerator in about 4th at low revs and it works perfectly)
normal bold text = ECU Reset
bold and italic and underlined = Throttle reset
(Found on here but couldn'tquote
I have tried this a few times to no avail but last night after doing it went driving for about an hour and its worked a treat! Id say that number 1 could be left for longer though just to be safe, and letting it idle for 15 minutes, 15's about a minimum I found just wait until she idles nice and smooth!