Alfa Red on Cloverleaf - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 25-08-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
Alfa Red on Cloverleaf

Have just acquired a Alfa Red 145 Cloverleaf (reg in 2000), the colour code on the tailgate is Alfa Red 130 B/B. I got test paint in Halfords code 130/88 its close but a little too bright. The Halfords sales guy was very helpful and advised that Halfords have 7 versions of the Alfa Red 130 colour code. Has anyone on the forum bought Alfa Red paint for their 145 Cloverleaf in Halfords and if so have you the correct code. Also, would I be right in saying I'll need to finish the job with a coat of clear lacquer.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Shropshire

Member car:

Phase 2 145 QV

Hi Nordic155,

Well done on the purchase, I have the same. With regards to the paint, I had the problem with the paint matching in Halfords, again my code is also 130 B/B and mine was a little too bright too. However, the guy wasnt very helpful in my case and couldnt be bothered to look.

Ive read somewhere Mitsubishi Palermo Red is the closest to Alfa red when it comes to rattle cans ... havent tried it yet though.

I did my wind mirrors recently and got a good finish.

1. Remove all old paint/laquer starting with course Wet'n' Dry and gradually working down to fine.
2. Use loads of clean water to rinse
3. Prime, medium sand, prime again, fine sand.
4. Apply colour base, let it cure for 12/24hrs, then fine sand to flatten and wash of with clean water, thoroughly.
5. Apply second coat, again 12/24 hrs curing
6. Fine sand to flatten, wash of and dry
7. Apply 1st coat of laquer - 12/24 hrs curing
8. Fine sand and wash thoroughly using clean water
9. Apply 2nd coat of laquer - 12/24 hrs curing

Prep, prep, prep. Check for any orange peel effect during applying the base colour and laquer. Flatten using fine grade paper and clean thoroughly.

I'll post a pic of mine when I find it.
AO Member
County: Fife
Spooky, I was in Halfords yestersay for a can of 130 B/B. I got the 130/88. I figured whoever typed the info into the database might have just screwed up, BB could easily transpose to 88. I've used it to repaint the plastic strips along the top of the rear side windows. I think it blends quite well, considering it's 12 year old red paint it's never going to be perfect. I would only use it to repaint entire panels.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

alfa , cloverleaf , red