145 ABS Query
Have ABS issue with a well loved 10 year old 145 (72k miles), I have carried out some recent work which I have detailed below in chronological order:
- replaced pads (genuine Alfa) and discs (non-genuine), brakes worked fine after work
- a week later car put through NCT (Irish MoT), wishbones failed (nearside bushes shot)
- replaced both wishbones, and when drove car abs kicks in prematurely, however orange abs light goes out. Four wheel alignment done after wishbone work.
- took disc and pads out to check for contamination, cleaned and reassembled, also cleaned ABS sensors, fault still present
- thought it might be the non-genuine Alfa discs and put back in originals (which in hindsight didnt need to be replaced) but fault still there
- took out both 60a and 10a fuses for ABS system to see if ABS ecu needed to reboot, drove car for a couple of days with ABS and handbreak light on indicating ABS not functioning. Put fuses back in fault still present
- Car brakes perfectly so I am pretty sure now that its not disc or pad related. ABS light goes out on start-up which suggests no ABS systems faults?
Can anybody throw some light on problem?
BTW, one benefit I can now change pads and discs both sides in less than an hour!!!