is my car chiped??? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 16-06-10 Thread Starter
County: Oxfordshire
Crazed is my car chiped???

i have a 145 clover leaf i knows its d-cated and it has a induction kit join into a hole in the front bumper.
the rev limiter isnt on the "red line" its just before 8k! does that mean its chiped?
were will the ecu be will it be in there wat will it look like?

the backend is really scitty under hard braking into corners the guy i brought it off thinks its lowered but it feels like a boat its on 17s how can i tell if its lowered? ive looked into stiffer roll bars etc etc butcant find a decent website if any one can help

also looking into replaceing the cams for some with sum grunt.

thanks for reading guys.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
Probably has been chipped by the sounds of it. What year is your car? If it's pre-facelift then you can open up the ECU and have a look (you will find it in the location described in this post. If it's a facelift then it can only be remapped, not chipped but there is no way of finding out for sure unless the previous owner knows or you get it on a rolling road.

17's are quite large wheels for a 145 (the standard is 15") and they will have an effect on the acceleration and top speed (reduce it) due to the engine needing to rotate a larger mass. If you look at some pictures of other owners cars both on here and on you should be able to compare yours and work out if it's been lowered.

You could also stick up some pictures of it because it might be a known car and if so, people on here or might already know what's previously been done to it.

I won't be posting on this forum any more. If you want to know why and/or you want answers to some 145/146 related questions then please feel free to pop over to and post on the forum where you will find me with the same member name.

I have now disabled all my private messaging options on here but you can PM me over on the forum if you need to.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

car , chiped