Washer Jet system blockage!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 09-02-04 Thread Starter
AO Member
Washer Jet system blockage!!

You may remember that I posted an article asking for help to unblock my washer jet system? I tried the usual pin up the nozzle but nothing! Anyway, this weekend I solved it and thought anyone else with similar woes may want to know the quick fix.

Anyway, very simple, drained the tank (with the well known human suction system and a length of pipe!!!) filled it half way with kitchen descaler and about 30 seconds squirting the jets and voila! Water once again spraying the windscreen!

Obvioulsy made sure I got rid of the descaler from paintwork pronto (not that I know if it would affect it or not anyway, and then used up the descaler and filled with screen wash! Sorted!!

Also, thanks for the help and tips on the rear jet. You guys were right, they do come undone inside the rear panel! All sorted.

The joys of Alfa Romeo ownernship... A question of when not if!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 1.8 TS

Re: Washer Jet system blockage!!

Mine's after packing up! The rear washer hopped out of it's mount, and the front section has opened up a hole that the previous owner put in it... Loads of washer water, but nowhere to spray it!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

blockage , jet , system , washer