idle control and lambda questions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 13-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Oxfordshire

Member car:

2.4 Lusso 159

idle control and lambda questions

This is a screen shot of the codes Fiat ECU Scan threw up from my 145 cloverleaf (1999 2.0 CF2)

ignore the Maf related ones as it was disconnected and after a code clear and a quick drive only the top 2 re-appeared - i think they are both related to the lambda sensor which is my first question:
on idle at temperature the lambda was reporting a lean fuel mixture, which it most definatley is not due to very high fuel consumption and a clear odor of petrol on the exhaust fumes, so obviously the ecu is trying to trim the fuel level up to compensate but has trimmed as far as it can so hopefully a new lambda is the cure for this?

This is a video of the real-time parameters returned by the lambda and then the maf - does anyone know if the figures the sensors produced are correct, bearing in mind for the lambda that the fuel mix is rich.

my next question relates to the idle control valve/stepper motor - i ran a test of the idle control valve actuator and observed the butterfly valve at the same time because i suspect due to an occasional eratic idle that it is faulty. I dont think this looks/sounds right, does anyone know if it is or not?

lastly, the throttle position sensor is recording an angle when fully closed, but otherwise seems to function correctly, should it not read zero when closed?

sorry to ramble on and thanks for any help

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

control , idle , lambda , questions