Time for an update. . .
I went to pick up a spare engine last weekend from shortbread999, a member on here.
Ian gave me the engine if i removed it from a car on his drive in exchange for a donation to charity (i chose the childrens hospital in sheffield), Ian was very good to us while we were there, lots of brews and bickies and he helped us all day, big thanks fella
So, the engine is a plastic top and mines ally so there has been a fair amount of work so far, all the inlet has to be swapped like the manifold, injector rail, throttle body and sensors = done.
All the other sensors are different too, well the plugs are so you have to change them to suit your own loom, theres also a coolant temp sensor to fit, the ally top engine has this, the plastic top has a plugged but tapped hole so it can still be fitted (i'll add pics of these bits shortly) they may be usefull for others.
Also there are 4 bolts to remove to get the ally top inlet manifold off, a pain but i found an easy enough solution, more pics to follow.
Its been good so far, i'll keep yoy posted on progress