Alfa Romeo 146ti Replace Rear Seats ? !! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 22-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
Alfa Romeo 146ti Replace Rear Seats ? !!

Hey Peeps ;-)

I am putting my wonderful Alfa 146ti through a makeover ready for the endless sunny summer days we will have next year ;-) !!!! I am wondering if
1) Anyone has ever replaced the rear seats in an Alfa 146, and if so is it a fairly easy job? (I have a torn cartlidge in my right wrist which makes it kinda useless at moment)
2) Does anyone know of any 146's breaking with rear seats available ? I have had a look on the forums here and on ebay and got a few leads, but though I would throw it out see if anyone can help ?

The car has done around 84k now so looking to have Cambelt change (probably going to see if alfaworkshop can do it as they seem to have endless happy customers)

Just had 4 new tyres fitted and forgot how great it is to drive round the country lanes round Reigate. I have owned it for 2yrs now and tbh it has been pretty faultless (touch wood) apart from a locking problem. When the drivers door opened, the central locking would lock / un-lock about 10 times. Took it to the old Sidlow in Gatwick who said it would need new locking system and quoted me some silly price.... then during a golf game mentioned it to a guy and he said check to see if the door has dropped ?? !! Sure enough, un-beknown to me the drivers door hinge weld had cracked slightly so when I opened in the slight drop caused the central locking to operate. Into car bodyshop, quick weld and £50 later.. ALL FIXED ;-)

Any advice on the rear seats would be gratefully received ;-)

Vroom Vroom ;-)

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Torfaen

Member car:

145 Cloverleaf

If they're anything like the 145 it is a fairly easy job, would'nt like to attempt it with a wrist injury though, a fair bit of pulling and pushing will probably be involved, and thats after you've undone all the bolts
AO Member
County: Isle of Wight

Member car:

Alfa 146 1.6 TS

Thats interesting about the locks, as mine does the same! Always wondered what was causing it but never got round to finding out...
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 25-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
Yeah. If you go to close the door, does it catch on the door latch slightly ?? Or when the door is opne, is there slight play in it (Can u lift the door up slightly). Like I mentioned, I took mine ot a body repair shop and they jacked the door up to re-align it and re-welded the door hinge. I could not see any cracks or anything, but the bodyshop guys trained eye could see it straight away. Saved me £££££'s as I had been informed by another gge that the whole central locking system needed replacing !!!!
AO Gold Member
County: West Midlands
rear seats are an easy change, only a few bolts holding them on, five ofr six hold the bases to the body at the leading edge, bemove them and there are four lots of two IIRC holding the uprights onto the floor, again easily axxessable.

The bolts are not done up that tight so with your left hand the bolts should come undone easily enough, they will not be rusted in or anything so finger tight bar the last turn.

The bigger problem is where to find replacements, most cscrappers eem to leave windows and doors open so damaging the seats.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

146ti , alfa , rear , replace , romeo , seats