I stumbled across the forum looking into GTVs, but I've more or less had to concede that the coupess aren't practical enough for my requirements. Then the other day I passed a bright red 145 and it got me thinking that there might be another Alfa option!
I gather the rears seats fold (this is a major requirement for me in order to ferry bikes around) and you can get toys like AC and leather, which should make the long distance motorway trips I do rather more comfortable. So it sounds like quite a contender...
I wondered if I could ask a few questions:
* What's reliability like? (Don't worry, I don't subscribe to the Alfa stereotypes...)
* What's parts availability like?
* Are minor jobs (basic servicing etc) reasonably easy to do yourself?
* What sort of MPG can you get out of a 2.0 TS?
* How quiet/comfortable are they on a motorway cruise?
* Has anyone owned similar '90s hatches (306 GTi6 maybe?) to offer a comparison on the handling?
Finally if there's anyone in the North London or Herts area you'd like to show theirs off to a prospective Alfa owner I'm all eyes.