just a rant really. I have spent £650 this month fixing my car and getting in good working order so I took it in for an MOT confident it would pass and it failed. Thats £50 down the drain.
It failed on the following:
1. Nearside headlamp aim too low [1.6]
2. Offside headlamp aim too low [1.6]
3. (Sat nav holder) Windscreen has a sticker or other obstruction encroaching into the swept area by more than 40mm outside zone 'A' [8.3.1e]
4. Nearsie rear (inner side of disc) brake disc(s) excessively pitted [3.5.1h]
5. Parking brake efficiency below requirements [3.7.A.9/10] **DANGEROUS**
So, to fix the above:
1. i need a new headlamp because the adjuster is fused. I can get this from a breaker easily.
2. i need a new headlamp because the adjuster is fused. I can get this from a breaker easily.
3. All I have to do it take the sat nav holder off the screen.
4. I need new rear break discs because he said they are rusted on the inside, that is what is meant by pitting i guess.
5. According to the MOT guy fixing the rear break pads will fox this. Any suggestions?
More money that i really don't have but have no choice because i need a car and it has to pass. grrrrrr