ABS light? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 30-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Norfolk
Hmmm ABS light?

Hi all,

So I've ran my 146 for about 3 months without any real problems, but this week I had a small leakage of fluid from the passenger side of the engine bay and was running down the gearbox/transmission casing. This leak appears to have stopped and I didn't lose that much fluid.

Now however my ABS light sometimes goes out/sometimes doesn't, the level seems fine and the brakes are working OK too.

Something to be worried about? or possibly just a sensor loose?
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 2201
County: Gauteng
The ABS light is very specific to the ABS system alone and not the level sensor (same light as park brake), nor the pad wear sensor (looks similar to ABS light without the ABS lettering).

I'd suspect a loose ABS sensor - check them out they are just behind the discs pointing to a gear-like ring. IF you have access to a diagnostics computer - the port on the right hand suspension turret (left looking from the front)

If you don't experience brake fade you should be able to drive, but then again ABS is there for when you actually need it (emergency) - not for normal use. Best is to have it at least diagnosed (with PC).
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 31-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Norfolk
Cheers for the response, however I am looking at part xing the Alfa today, so might just have to fess up and say assume it's a loose connection.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

abs , light