Heater Problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 01-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Merseyside

Member car:

146 Junior

My heater has been stuck fully on hot since I bought the car in December. Obviously with current "heatwave" conditions, the car was beyond a joke to drive... so decided (with my dads help and guidance ) to have a go at trying to fix it.

Took the middle lining part of the dash out to have a look, and was clear that the problem was the standard broken white clip that most 146s seem to suffer (Such a small pointles plastic contraption...surely they should have known??)

Had a play around with that, pulled the wire downwards (after struggling to shove my hands up there) which amazingly changed the temperature of my blowers... now cool enough to chill in summer... possibly warm enough in winter to be comfortable.. who knows.

However, unfortunately during the process.. I managed to disconnect the heater matrix end of the wire... from the matrix itself

Im guessing Im going to have to remove the majority of the dashboard to get at the matrix enough to reattach.
Does anyone have a simple guide on how to remove it and hopefully to reattach the cable? Preferably not too difficult HAHAHA..

Last edited by craig_87; 03-07-09 at 10:24.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

heater , problems