Water pump 146 boxer - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 18-05-09 Thread Starter
County: Hainaut

Member car:

Idea Water pump 146 boxer

First, excuse my poor english but since almost 60 years, I speak french.
After searching the web, I think that you are THE place to go to find good informations.

My problem:
We bough a 146 Boxer 1351 cc 90 HP last december. After replacing the thermostat a few days after having the car (we had any heating) it's now the water pump witch failed. This car has also an airconditionning system and it's a nightmare to find room to access the parts.
I began to dismantle the front end to remove the radiators and as I don't find anything in the service book that I downoaded, I wonder if there are fixing points below the radiators or only pins with grommets?
The car in on the street front of our house as we haven't any garage so evrery hint to accelerate the job is welcome! We have the same weather then yours, rain, wet, rain...

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
Re: Water pump 146 boxer

There are 2 bolts holding the top of the radiator to the car and the bottom are just pins pushed into the rubber grommets (no bolts holding the bottom in). Once you have remove the top 2 bolts (along with all the pipes obviously), the radiator will then just pull up and out of the rubber grommets. The pins have a lip on the end so if the rubber grommets have hardened over time then you might need to use a bit of strength to pull the radiator out of them.
County: Wiltshire
Re: Water pump 146 boxer

If you squirt the grommets with Plusgas or GT85 then the radiator will slide out of them easier.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

146 , boxer , pump , water