Drivers Door Mirror - Should It Be Magnified? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 25-04-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: -
Drivers Door Mirror - Should It Be Magnified?

Having run around with a cracked mirror casing and a crappy replacement mirror glass in my drivers side door for a number of years, yesterday I replaced the whole mirror unit with another secondhand OEM one complete with the blue tinted mirror glass.

The strange thing is that mirror glass appears to be magnified which feels a bit odd and not something I'm used to. I also checked another OEM driver door mirror I have and it also has magnified glass. My passenger side mirror glass (also blue OEM) does not appear to be magnified. I would have thought the magnification should be on the passenger side if anything and not the driver side

The question is, is the drivers door mirror glass supposed to be magnified or do I appear to have 2 LHD mirrors (which would make them passenger side)?

If someone with a facelift car could check their mirror glass I would be grateful for a definite answer on this because it's boggling me.

I won't be posting on this forum any more. If you want to know why and/or you want answers to some 145/146 related questions then please feel free to pop over to and post on the forum where you will find me with the same member name.

I have now disabled all my private messaging options on here but you can PM me over on the forum if you need to.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Merseyside

Member car:

146 Junior

Re: Drivers Door Mirror - Should It Be Magnified?

I have a magnified drivers side mirror on my Pre Facelift 146. Took some getting used to, but seems fine now. I just took it to be the norm...
County: Devon

Member car:

156 2.5v6 146ti

The answer I think is yes it should be, if another car is overtaking you, say on the motorway, it seems closer and you would not pull out. or would you?
My drivers side mirror is magnified on my 98S 146. It did take some getting used to
AO Member
County: Essex

Member car:

I just checked my 01y 146ti and I think both mirrors are non magnified. Also both mirrors have a very slight blue tinge to them.
The magnified door mirror on my bella is tinged blue

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

door , drivers , magnified , mirror