Wobble - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 21-02-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone can help out with my issue. I have a 145 Cloverleaf, only 62k miles which I bought about 4 months ago.

I have what seems like a balancing issue, in that I get to 60mph and the wheel vibrates furiously - and I mean bucking bronco territory! After 65mph it is fine, albeit a little skittish. At lower speeds, you can feel a wobble, especially on the passenger side as though one of the wheels is not oval! This goes away up to 60mph.

I thought it may be a tyre bobble, so i've had the front ones swapped today, yet the issue is still around. I've asked the tyre chappy about the issue and he didn't notice anything wrong with the rims.

Anyone any idea where to go from here? I don't want to throw loads of money at the issue. My next step will be to stick the front wheels on the rear and see if the problem changes.

Alfa Romeo history in order - 156 Sele, 156 Sele, Spider 156jtd facelift, 147 1.6, 156 GTA, GTV 3.0, 156jtd, 145QV, 156GTA, 145qv
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
Re: Wobble

If you've not already done so, make sure the mating faces of the disc and wheel are definitely free of any debris or corrosion.

It does sound like a balancing issue or a wheel not running true. I suggest you take the wheels to your local tyre fitting centre and ask them to actually re-balance them on their machine. If there are any problems with the wheels or tyres themselves then the machine will show the problem up straight away.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146