Two Problems With My Qv - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 14-01-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Santa Fe
Two Problems With My Qv

Hi guys, i have an Alfa Romeo 145 QV with 2.0TS engine and it have 2 faults.

1 - The car is getting HOT (115 C) if i use the AC, without the AC the car temperature just goto 90C and go down to 80C, but if i have the AC on, the fan dont works.

2 - Last time some of the the gnd connector of the battery was disconnected while i was driving the car, and the car start show me strange values for km, rpm, and temperature, after i reconnected the wire, now the car dont run stable, the Engine run at 1500rpm, and vary from 900 (old normal value) and 2000RPM

The fan (this car just have one fan) run OK with the AC turn off, if i turn it on, the fan dont work so i need to stop the car when it reach 115C (because i dont want to burn anything). i already replaced that Relay, that was burned, but after replace it still doing the same thing, btw if i remove this relay the fan works like its on place.

WHen i press the AC Button the FAN start (with or without the relay) but not always, looks like some time the AC stop working and the FAN Stop. so when it reach the 90C dont start again.

all thie happend after one of the battery wires were disconnected, all the controls go crazy, for example the RPM jump to 5000-8000, the temperatura jump from 0 to 120 degrees, and a lot of other things, after i found the fault, i plug the wire again. I really dont know if is possible that this wire cause all these problem, im scared, and i hope that its not an problem of the ECU! ;(

Someone know some tips to help me to fix that problems?

Someone know if is possible to reset the ECU?
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 2201
County: Gauteng
Re: Two Problems With My Qv

Check the radiator fan resistor pack too - see this thread:
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 14-01-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Santa Fe
Re: Two Problems With My Qv

i found some problems!

The Fusebox Conector are burned!
i cant beliave it, after 2 days i found the problem....

i noticed 2 burned wires, the Connector H, Pin 2 (Heater Fun Supply), and Connector I, Pin 1 (Engine Fan Control!).

I fixed both connectors, and inside the fusebox was all burned too, so i tryied to fixed it (hope take too long to burned it again).

I just dont understand why the fuses or relay dont burned before the FuseBox!

A new fusebox will cost a lot of money i think. If it get burned again, i think that will be like impossible to fix it again.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146