2001 W 146 Heater Continuosly Hot? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 29-12-08 Thread Starter
County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 146

Help 2001 W 146 Heater Continuosly Hot?

Hi All,

I have a slight problem and any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I have a 2001 W 146 2.0ti, once the engine has reached temperature the heater mechanism blows continuosly hot. I initially thought this could be the cable on the back of the switch as there seems to feel little resistance however I have noticed today that the drivers footwell is damp and wondered if this could have anything to do with the problem.

thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Re: 2001 W 146 Heater Continuosly Hot?

I would think your first guess would be correct - if you can't feel any resistance the cable has probably become detatched - if you remove the trim at the left hand side of the centre console (above the passenger footwell) you can get your hand in to the heater box and either reconnect the cable, or if the lug has broken off the lever, you will at least be able to adjust the lever to give you a more moderate temperature.....
AO Member

Member car:

145 1.6TS Junior

Re: 2001 W 146 Heater Continuosly Hot?

It could be that the control valve on the heater has failed somehow particularly if that water in the footwell smells of engine coolant.

Is the car using coolant? If so you will need to get in there and have a look under the console as suggested by RGWM.

The heater matrixs on the 145s are also prone to leaking - I replaced mine earlier this year!

Good luck

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

146 , 2001 , continuosly , heater , hot