Well guys, lets just say the sat nav took me down a narrow county back road road which was flooded.. Il let the pictures do the talking..
At 3am in the morning, its very hard to judge how deep it actually was.. I could see the other side of the road, but the bit infront of me looked only to have a slight bit of water running over the surface.. No where to turn round, so I thought lets do it... Big mistake.. Sucked water straight up into the engine.. Myself and a friend (in pic) had to climb out of the window and push the car out as quickly as we could before the water started to make its way into the car (which was very hard as it was pitch black and the stream was ice cold up to our knees...)
It turns out that it had been raining more than usual these past few days and the stream which was normally not there... Was there.. After speaking to a couple of friends, it turns out that their sat navs had directed them down there too but they were lucky enough to get through as it hadnt been raining..
Once we got the car out I managed to wake one of my mates up who came down in his van and towed me back home..
Took the throttle body off in the morning...water flooded out.. Got the wet/dry vac and sucked it all out..
Then took the plugs out, once the plugs were out water came out of there too... Again, sucked it all out with the vac..Sprayed plenty of WD40 down there, replaced plugs and throttle body.. Turned it over.. "blu blu blu blu blu blu blu blu blu blu blu blu bluuuu bluuuuuuu brrroooooooooom vroom vroooooom" it started!! The exhaust was like a hose pipe, water just shot straight out...Then "clack clack rattle bang" oh *****!, quickly turned the engine off and removed the plugs again to check the cylinders... Only 3 pistons were moving up and down when we turned it, the far left one wasnt moving at all... pushed it down with a screwdriver it just fell straight down... Right... Then we noticed the sump started leaking...Sh*t.... Something serious has snapped..
Well I had just spent all day messing with the car getting all the lil bits and bobs sorted (windscreen wiper motor... Fitted new plastic rocker cover (swapped from alloy one)... Fitted new pollen filter...New centre console etc etc just getting it all looking/running smooth..)...
Got the variator and all the belts done 2 months ago, last week was its MOT along with new gearbox and new clutch, before that it was new bottom arms, springs, track rod ends, alternator, ecu, bumper, grill, heater matrix, fog lights, wiper motor, washer pump the list goes on...
Then this happens...
I have managed to find another engine but its out of an S reg and its a plastic topped engine, where as mine is an alloy topped engine.. Im getting the engine, gearbox and ecu, so I should have pretty much everything I need to get it running again.. I so hope to god that this is the last of the problems I run into, im getting quite frustrated as you can imagine.. But the one thing im sure of is.. I wouldnt have known how to do anything if it wasnt for you guys on here