K&N - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 12-12-03 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member
County: Dorset

Member car:

156 GTA SW

I have had a K&N 57i jobbie on my last two cars and would quite like to get one for my 164 TSpark. It is a '95N and is an eight valve (don't know why as all the other #TSpark alfas at the time seemed to be 16V) Anyway, I can't seem to find a filter for it. I can find a filter for the 75 TSpark which I assume is the same engine. Does anyone know if this will fit or will it involve a lot of buggering about, or can anyone point me in the right direction for a filter for my car? I wouldn't mind opinions on whether or not it's worth bothering with. It has made a big difference on my last two cars.

Ex 95 164 TS Super, 95 164 QV, 97 164 V6 Super all very much missed.
Sponsored Links
Demon Tweeks sell them for the 8v. I had one on my 155. To be honest, if the AFM is in the same postion as on my car (kinda behind the battery), the kit will be rubbish. It's pretty hard to get the cold air routed to it properly. My car suffered from a horrendous flat spot and little power when pulling away as all it could suck was hot air until moving. There might have been a slight improvement at 6000rpm but the noise the thing made was horrible, so I took it off, put in a BMC panel filter and modified the airbox instead......it feels and sounds much better in my opinion.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146