Torsion bar... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 26-09-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Torsion bar...

Anyone had any experience of after market torsion bars?! Eibach do one for the front end on a 146 and is supposed to dramatically reduce roll... I really don't want to be lowering and stiffening the springs, so it seems a good idea... in theory! I figure a strut brace across the top wouldn't go a miss either??
Sponsored Links
AO Member
I had a Fiat Tipo 2.0 16v,and the best thing I ever bought for it was a strut brace.
It changed the way the car handled so much,and as the floorplan is meant to be the same on the 146 it should give the same results.
What make of strut brace are you thinking of getting? I had a Sparco this was strong enough to still be straight after I totalled the front end,everything was pushed back about 5 inches.
If you can get in touch with Henry Yorke either here or on, I think he's fitted some to a 155 he should be able to let you know what differance they make and how hard they are to change.
AO Member

Member car:

155 V6

it's something I've been thinking about myself, just recently.

I've just replaced the anti-roll bar ends and bushes, and I've got the cornering back.

Is it a good idea to do front and rear strut braces or just the fronts ?

155 red rocket rooolz...
AO Member
the front strut brace on the Silverstone worked a treat - not dramatic, but sharper turn in. The rear doesn't need one on a 155 though (well not on the silverstone)

As F2G says. I have a Momo strut brace fitted to my Silverstone. The car feels more stable through fast bends and the inside front wheel doesn't feel as though it is "lifting" nearly as much.

You can't fit a rear strut brace to the 155 as they don't have strut tops in the boot unlike a lot of other cars.

AO Member
Re: Torsion bar...

Eibach anti roll bar kit. The best money I have ever spent on my 155 I just need to get the rear one fitted now!!!! There is an article in the tech bit on it I think (or have I not finished it yet!!)
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

75 LE

Re: Torsion bar...

Did'nt some tight fisted Scot build his own ??
Mooney Re: Torsion bar...

Did'nt some tight fisted Scot build his own ??
Quite right Toad, the tight fisted scot would be Jason77 but that was a strut brace and not a torsion bar (anti-roll bar)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

bar , torsion