Alfa Romeo Forum banner

k&n 57i kit

Tags
57i kandn kit
876 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  cowtipper 
G
#1 ·
after putting a k&n 57i kit on my 1.8ts i now get a barking noise from the exhaust on start up and it only last about 1 to 2 sec just after cranking? is this the norm? :confused:

#3 ·
The barking is your neighbours dog complaining about the noise of your new air filter.

#4 ·
Mine went on a few weeks ago and dont get anything like that. Get a great sucking noise even when the bonnets closed though which sounds cool. Yep a piece of **** to fit too.

#6 ·
I wonder whether it would be some fuel mix getting into the manifold??? It wouldn't be hot enough to ignite... Does it happen when it's hot/cold?

G
#8 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bazza:
<strong>The barking is your neighbours dog complaining about the noise of your new air filter.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sorted that one killed

G
#9 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by McGuinn:
<strong>I wonder whether it would be some fuel mix getting into the manifold??? It wouldn't be hot enough to ignite... Does it happen when it's hot/cold?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">when its cold

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.