Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Retuning 1.7 Boxer engine in a 145... And some more mods...

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  gethnorm 
#1 ·
I know I'm annoying you by asking so basic questions but I need to learn from your experiences... :)

1. What are the differences between a 33 1.7 16V and 145 1.7 16V? I only know that is the headers, and the catalyst. Are there any other differences you can explain so I can retune it?

The second one is: Does anybody have an experience about overtuning & overrevving this engine to 7500-8000 rpm? Will the engine be safe if we put forged pistons (not thinking about Turbo&SC) or do I have to strengthen the gearbox and the crankshaft too? Nordauto's 1.7 boxer engine gives 144 hp (in Supersprint's site) Does anybody has information on how it is tuned?

Thanks for your comments

#2 ·
You're not annoying me at all mate. I just don't know the answers :D Sorry :eek:

#4 ·
Pm Hw Extreme....

the other difference in the engine's it the exhaust cams close the 2 valve's at slightly different times to try to smooth the engine.
the different plemuim is to add torque.

Easiest & cheapest mods are air intake, ECU, Exhaust, 98Ron.maybe a power boost valve(if they are any good, Anyone know?) you can go mad though. Balance the engine, port & polish the heads, fit 1830c.c piston's & of course lighten it.

But before you make any power mods please make your car stop better. Also a Good handling car will be quicker than a more powerful bad handling car. If you can use more power more of the time, your gonna be faster.

G
#5 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Toad:
<strong>
fit 1830c.c piston's & of course lighten it.
.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">bro,

i'm intrested into fit in 1830c.c piston and lighten it. may i have more info abt that? which 1830c.c piston do i need to use? and how to lighten it up? i've done P&P and also engine balancing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.