Rear diff transplant - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 28-08-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
Rear diff transplant

hello guys, i need some experts!

I am right now modifying a nice V6 engine brought off a ripped 75 and when the time comes i will transplant it into a nice 155. Now.... I even got the gearbox + diff. And so obviously, i want a rear wheeled monster.

My question is, did any body try fitting a rear diff + gearbox onto a 155? Does anybody want to share his adventure with me...So pleaseeeeeeeeeeee
give me some tips.

I've got some ideas already, actually one till now, maybe you've got one better.

This is very serious wink so please answer me
Sponsored Links

Member car:

147 GTA

well, the Q4 was 4wd so that would have had a propshaft tunnel and space for the rear diff.... might be a good starting point but I have to ask why? Why not just get a decent 3.0 75?
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 2.0 16v SP3

Sorry mate but why would you want to do this if you could pick up a decent 75 for next to nowt?

I don't think it would be possible, you would have to reconsider virtually every compenent that bolts to the bodyshell and then still be left with the problem of what to do with the interior.

Someone may have made such a race car but that could be compromised in ways that wouldn't be possible on a road car.

I can't see this as possible for less than 10 to 12k. A top quality job would be triple that. The car would be worth nothing when completed too.

See the hidden rear door handles on the new Civic: That's Honda leading the way in design...
(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 29-08-03 Thread Starter
AO Member
actually i would prefer having a 155 than a 75. I find the 155 more aggressive.

My idea was to eliminate the gearboxes subframes, i would install new attaching points exactly of the alfa 75. This means i will support the gearbox from the back and from the front. Then regarding the shafts, maybe i could modify the brake hub to attach the shaft. In this way i will no need to touch the suspensions.

One other thing may be i will need to do is change the position of the fuel tank, cause i think it will be in the way.

I don't really mind destroying abit the interior trim, and something else, i don't think i will sell the car, it's my affordable dream car

What do you think of my idea??? is it possible?
AO Member
County: Greater London
Sod everyone and do it!!!!

155 Rear wheel drive would be Crazy!
Personally i would put the 3.0 in straight away.

Not gonna be easy, but what fun would it be if it was a piece of ****?

Its true you wont be able to sell it easy, shame, if it was a VW or a Bimmer you would have 20 people knocking on your door the next day!
Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA SW

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jamie and the magic torch:
<strong>just put the 3 litre lump in the boot! RWD + rear engine = fun.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you sure it shouldn't be: =front wheel not touching floor? laughing

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 145 & 146

diff , rear , transplant